Foundation for the Development of the Education System
Study abroad, meetings with people from all over the world, experience of different cultures, acquisition of new skills, development of passions, discovery of talents: each of these activities is accompanied by many feelings, and the very implementation of one’s own ideas is an abundant source of new experiences.
Thanks to the Foundation for the Development of the Education System and its activities hundreds of thousands of people of all ages have had the chance, regardless of their education and skills, to participate in educational projects implemented with the support of the European Union. Participation in such programmes not only allows knowledge to be gained in a particular area, but also teaches how to be active and courageous in undertaking actions which change the reality we live in.
The Foundation’s main aim is support, in its broad sense, for activities serving the development of education in Poland. The FRSE realises its aim through the coordination of educational programmes of the European Union, among others. The programmes include such participants as children, young people and adults – from pre-schoolers to senior citizens.
- Lifelong Learning Programme (Comenius, Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Grundtvig) - aim of the programme is to expand European cooperation and exchange in the educational sphere. Different educational programmes include participants "from kindergarten to the university": children, youth, adults and seniors.
- Youth in Action - the programme is addressed to young people aged 13-30 and youth workers. The programme supports informal education, i.e. actions undertaken by young people after school, in their spare time.
- Erasmus Mundus - main goal of the programme is raising quality and attractiveness of the European higher educational system by cooperating with HEIs from outside the European Union.
- Tempus - the programme supports cooperation between the universities from the European Union and from outside the EU, in order to raise the quality of education and reform of the educational system in the countries which are not member states of the EU.
- Eurodesk - European informational portal for young people and youth workers containing information on educational possibilities, trainings and participation in various youth actions in the whole Europe.
- SALTO-EECA Eastern Europe and Caucasus Resource Centre - supports partnership building between youth organizations from the European Union and Eastern Europe and Caucasus countries.
- European Language Label - a competition organized to award and promote innovatory initiatives related to both teaching and learning foreign languages.
- eTwinning - action enabling European schools to connect with each other in order to exchange with methods and ideas concerning culture. The programme promotes multiculturalism and a multilanguage model of society.
- Eurydice -propagates information on European systems of education, compiles and issues thematic publications, comparative analyses and informational statistics relating to education in Europe.
- Scholarship and Training Fund (EEA Financial Mechanism) - The scholarship funds span from academic exchange of students and teachers, to training of civil servants, and grants to educational institutions to implement cooperation projects.
- The Scientific Exchange Programme (Sciex) is part of the Swiss Contribution to Poland and other 7 New Member States of the EU (Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Slovak Republic, and Slovenia). Sciex Fellows pursue a substantial part of their research in cooperation with Swiss researchers in Swiss research institutions. Ideal working and framework conditions support the success of their research.
- National Europass Centre - Europass is a new way of helping people to make their skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe (European Union, EFTA/EEA and candidate countries). The Centre coordinates the management of Europass documents in Poland.
- Polish-Lithuanian Youth Exchange Fund - The establishment of the Fund was meant as a strategic Polish-Lithuanian partnership, stressing particularly the role of the young generation in shaping mutual international relations and discovering common roots.
Foundation for the Development of the Education System is State Treasury foundation registered in the District Court for the capital town of Warsaw, Department XVI (Signature File No. XVI NS Rej. F 1647/93). The registration act was made on October 11, 1993.The Foundation operates based upon its charter and Law on Foundations from April 6, 1984
Contact us: email@example.com
Here you can read some of our publications in English: